Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thing a Day #5 | Text Messaging




Text Messaging seems to have taken over forms of communication. I rather like it. Sorry, if you were expecting some philosophical debate on how it's ruing personal communication.  I have no real opinion on that. I can equally see both sides of the debate.

I like how it's quick and I don't have to stop whatever I'm doing to make time to answer a phone call. I am an avid, "Call me when you get a chance" texter, or, "are you free to talk later"  because that way both people are setting aside time to have a quality conversation.  How many times have you called someone to ask a question, talked for fifteen minutes then after hanging up realized you forgot to ask your question? Texting eliminates this... "I'm meeting everyone at the movies at 5, want to go together?" Simple.

I'm one of those people that gets phone numbers from everyone. If I'm out with friends and I meet someone I'll grab a number or send a funny picture to them while hanging out so they can forward it. This happens often, so I have a ton of numbers from people I don't really know. I'm going to share one in particular with you that I find absolutely hilarious.

I met this guy when out with friends, we'd seen him there a few times and as it goes one time we all started up a conversation. There was a funny message I'd had from Christmas and I shared it with him.


A week later I hadn't texted him, nor him me... My friend and I were at the same place and there was a guy we thought was him wearing a beanie hat, but we couldn't figure out whether it was him or not. So, I had a great idea, I'd look at the message I sent him to get his number and text him.

Me: Are you wearing a hat?
     Him: Should I be?
Me: Maybe you should.
     Him: Are You wearing a hat?
Me: No, I am not, I have a hoodie though. Does that count?
     Him: Is the hood up?
Me: No
     Him: Then no.

A week later
Him: Are you wearing a hat?
     Me: No, haha! Are you?
Him: No, but I will if it makes a difference! Lol
     Me: Haha! :-) It might

Him: It's like we're talking in code, but no one knows what it means if you wear a hat or not LOL!!!
Him: I'll bring a hat next Thursday night and you can see if it does nor not. Me and my buddy are planning on going out Thursday. Are you gonna go?
    Me: Not sure but ya never know.
Him: If you go will you be sure to say hi to everyone wearing a hat ;-)
     Me: It's possible. Maybe I'll wear a hat. LOL
Him: Baseball cap or are you a fedora kinda girl? Are you going this weekend at all?
     Me: I rock a fedora. LOL I have a date tomorrow night, tonight catching up on reading my book.

2 Days Later
     Me: (Picture of me in a fedora) Caption says: Hat?
Him: LOL & matching shirt!
     Me: Nice eye

4 Days Later
Him: Going hatless
     Me: I'm chilling hatless at home tonight.
Him: With your hat collection?
     Me: All I have are ski hats.

9 Days Later
     Me: Are you wearing a hat?
Him: LOL no. I should. Need a haircut. Good thing I'm getting one tomorrow.
     Me: A hat or haircut?
Him: LOL good question, you're sharp. Haircut.
     Me: Why not a hat?
Him: I have a lot already.
     Me: Do you have a cat? A cat in a hat?
Him: No cat, but if I had one, you better believe I'd put him in the hat.

8 Days later
Him: I heard a rumor that we are both wearing hats.
     Me: Are you wearing a hat?
Him: Are you wearing a hat?
     Me: No
Him: No
     Me: False rumor.

3 Weeks Later
Him: Are you wearing a hat?
     Me: No... but I see a hat.
Him: Is there a cat in it?
     Me: No but there is one in between me and the hat.
Him: Pounce on him, then gently place him into aforementioned hat.
     Me: He's too fat to fit inside said hat.
Him: Blast! Foiled again.
     Me: (Picture of the hat on the cat)
Him: Close enough for me!

    
If it wasn't late right now I'd ask him if he's wearing a hat, dang! So, I've met him once, and we are already friends. I wouldn't know him if I saw him on the street. But I think this is absolutely hilarious.

Go out and get yourself a text pen pal too, maybe they like wearing hats?

I found some super funny text messages online at work today... must share my favorites!

I seriously died laughing at some of these, enjoy!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment