Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thing a Day #3 | Wheels


Today I was driving home for lunch to make a tasty PBJ and large glass of milk. I know, my culinary skills are probably making everyone salivate. Anywho, on my drive I pulled behind this car, loud exhaust (not by choice I'm guessing), perhaps mid to early 80's LTD, I can't define the color but closest I can describe is the color of coffee beans     with music blasting so loud you could hear the nuts and bolts holding it together rattling. Regardless, this road warrior was sporting the biggest shiniest chrome wheels imaginable.  

I've owned a lot of cars, my favorites were my Mitsubishi Eclipses, they came stock with low profile Z rated tires and 17 in rims. These were wayyy bigger. Now, believe it not I'm not totally ignoramus when it comes to cars, my parents had a few repair shops, I was a parts delivery girl for 3 years, and I had a boyfriend that was in NHRA Drag Racing. I'm guessing these rims were about 20 inchers, and the average price I saw online for the types of rims were around $250 each. Let's pretend that this person spent about $1000 for the set. This isn't calculating tax, installation balancing and of course the always present $15 Environmental Fee, Safe Disposal Fee, whatever they want to call it. 

Not trying to be a complete snob, but REALLY? I mean SERIOUS? I don't get it?  Someone please help me understand the appeal? We mustn't forget the sound system either.

This will be a good segue into a ghetto car pictures! Enjoy. :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment