Monday, April 23, 2012

Thing a Day #3 | Call Me Maybe

I

Do you ever hear a song and you stop everything you're doing to do a little jig in your chair, sing along, and bob your head while lip syncing (or singing depending on your location, I'm a rock-star in the car).  I've found must hear song of the week and I can't stop listening to it. Amazingly enough it's not an Adele song, probably because I've watched the Live From Royal "effing" Albert Hall DVD 1,252,577 times in two weeks. The "Effing" part will make sense if you've seen the DVD, Adele likes to drop F bombs like crazy! FOCUS JESSICA: I was referencing my must hear song of the week, so far today I've heard it on Pandora, car radio, streaming radio, YouTube, posted it on my FB from YouTube and Pandora and now here.

The song is "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson and it just has such a fun, chipper, happy sound. I love it and it's so catchy! I understand not everyone likes pop, but I love music that makes you smile, and this song makes me smile! Take a chance and listen.



|||||      |||||


I like to listen to music stations in the UK  and Ireland while at work, I love the accents and the commercials. Sometimes you hear a great song that isn't really that popular in the US.
This year has kinda been my year of dating guys from Europe, okay that sounds more worldly, they have all been from Ireland. Let's just say the Irish aren't lucky for me. Anywho... a good friend just moved back to Ireland a few weeks ago and I think I've been missing the accent and the T's "Tirty tree and a turd", "half 6", "brilliant" to name a few.  The past couple weeks I've been listening to a station in Cork City, RedFM, and they play this song all the time. I looked up the charts and saw that it's been #1 and currently #2 there, probably why I've heard it so much.

I'd suggest checking out international stations now and then, a lot of them stream and it's kind of fun to hear a different culture and what their listeners are discussing locally. Just remember there is a significant time difference 9 hours later than PST.

You can stream RedFm here: RefFm

There is this commercial that makes me laugh so hard, it is one of those things that just tickles my funny bone something serious! Particularly this line, "How's your cougar?" "Hey, the kids love me" LMAO.... Probably one of those things you need to hear so I'm going to try to get a sound clip of it to share. If that happens I'll plug it in right here.

animated gifs radio communications 3

No comments:

Post a Comment